Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God. Give her everything she deserves! Proverbs 31:30

Follow Me

Request Prayer

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Introducing.....





For a while now every time I saw the commercials for organizations that let you sponsor kids I just felt moved to do something---but I wouldn’t do anything. Well, a few Sundays ago I really felt it strong (probably because Pastor Kevin was preaching about orphans. Then Rick and Bubba had World Vision on THEN a blog I read all the time was talking about Compassion. SO…..after all of that I really got the fact that God wanted me to act on the feelings He kept putting in my spirit. So I did! Since I minored in Spanish I really felt moved toward Latin America and without hesitation I chose Costa Rica. I could not WAIT to get my packet in mail and when it came I about passed out especially when I saw how stinkin cute Nohemy was. ---I would probably adopt her if I could!!!!

But then Monday when I was setting up my account World Vision asked if I wanted to sponsor another child from the same project---I was curious so I started looking at the pictures. I wanted to sponsor ALL OF THEM—but Jose stuck out to me so I clicked on the button and decided to sponsor him too.

I am not saying this to brag on myself—I just want more people to sponsor kids because WE can do without things we may want to help these kids with what THEY NEED!!!! We have it so well in this country and these children don’t even have clean water.

I was reading the information that came with my packet and it said that girls as young as 8 in Costa Rica and all over the world are sold into human trafficking---this hit me at the core. And the little boys are often in gangs before too long.

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a job that I can afford to do this and honestly it is not that hard to sponsor a child. It just means going without a few less coffees at Starbucks or not buying the jeans you think you can’t live without to help a child that doesn’t have clean water, can’t go to school and who’s family lives on less than $1 a day.

Matthew 18:5 Jesus said “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”

Matthew 25:34-40 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

1 comment:

mml said...

those children are adorable!!! what a wonderful thing to do :) hope all is well--cant wait to see you in december!!!! xoxo