Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God. Give her everything she deserves! Proverbs 31:30

Follow Me

Request Prayer

Friday, May 14, 2010

These are the days......

Last night marked the end of the first season my little cousin played REAL little league.  It was a little bittersweet last night too because I was sad that his games were over for the year and that 2 of his coaches would not be moving up but I was also happy because he did so good for to be his first year playing real ball. (he played upward before and did not learn ANYTHING).  I was also glad that I made 2 new friends (that are pretty hot too).  I have really enjoyed watching these little cuties develop into some awesome players.  They finished the season 12-2 and walked away region champs!!!  WOO HOO

Anyways, I could go on forever about baseball!  HAHA But that is not why I am writing this post.  I wanted to write about the book I am currently reading.  This book...

This book has really changed my life.  If you haven't read it I would encourage you to go NOW and buy this book.  The writer really meets you where you are at and God really used him through this book.  I mean I cannot put into words how much I love this book.  Right now me and my family are going through a Plan B but now, after reading this, I have a totally different perspective on the storms in my life.  Thank you Pete for writing this fabulous book!

The author is also a pastor of a church in Nashville (that I want to go visit REALLY bad).  The church is called Cross Point Church.  If you are ever in the Nashville area you should check it out.  Just by looking at their website and hearing about all they are doing to help the people of Nashville recover from the very devastating flood makes me want to help this church even more. 

I have a friend that lives in Nashville and he said that he has never seen anything like what happened there because of the flood..it is horrible.  If you want to help with the recovery efforts go to Cross Point's website and there will be a place for you to donate or learn what you can do.  There is also a group of guys making shirts and the profits go to help Nashville.  Go here for more info.


One last thing, in the book Pete talks about how we sometimes as Christians want everyone to think that we have it all together and that leads us to missing the community that God has given us  to encourage us through the storm.  So I want to encourage you to take the mask off and get real with each other!

No comments: