Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God. Give her everything she deserves! Proverbs 31:30

Follow Me

Request Prayer

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Breaking

I'm back and ready to use this blog for something more than just writing down memories.  I want to use this blog to help girls out there that are hurting, broken, insecure, a mess...etc.  Here's why..  


God allows certain things to take place in our lives to catapult us into the ministry He has planned for us. Each person has a unique plan that God has for their life we just need to prepare ourselves for it.  Every one of us is a minister in one way or another.  I know this because I am walking on the start of this journey myself.


Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in ADVANCE for us to do.” 


As some of you know that follow this blog, relationships have NOT been my strong-suit.  I have allowed my insecurity, fears, loneliness, etc to define me instead of trusting God at His word and seeing myself the way that he sees me (and YOU).  He looks at us and does not see the mess (past, future or PRESENT). He sees his daughter and he wants us to rest in his UNSTOPPABLE love for us.  He is the ONLY one that will love us that way! 


I didn't see that for a long time and God allowed me to have what I was BEGGING for only for me to see that I would not like it.  I begged for God to send me "somebody" and he did.  He let me get back with my ex boyfriend and I was more than miserable but I lied to myself and said I was happy.  He appeared to be this great and wonderful guy but he was really wearing a mask.  I knew the relationship was unhealthy but didn't care.  I ran past every single red flag just so I could be with him.  Well of course things ended very badly.  I was crushed but I prayed this "God I don't know what your will is but I need to get peace about this.  If we are meant to reconcile then I don't want to have a part in it.  It has to be all you!  If we are not meant to reconcile then do WHATEVER IT TAKES to take the desire away."  Well God answered that prayer through a creative  line of events.  I went to a women's conference with a really good friend of mine and on the way we were talking about my relationship and God allowed me to remember a name badge I found in his truck 4 months earlier.  It hit me that the name tag belonged to a girl his brother was talking to on Facebook.  So, when I got home I looked the girl up and there it was right in front of my eyes......He had been cheating the whole entire time with this girl.


You would think I would have been upset but I wasn't I was at peace.  I was a little mad at myself for not paying attention but I knew that God knew that was what it was going to take for me to truly 100% say GOODBYE to him.  I still care greatly for him and I pray that he finds Jesus but I am not the one for him.


Anyway, I say all that to say this..... be careful what you beg God for because he just may give it to you and you may want to return it!  Don't settle out of loneliness or fear of being single forever.  It is SO not worth it.


Helpful hints on my red flags:
~Is he totally in love with Jesus?  If not run for the hills because he won't love you the way he is supposed to
~Look at the dad and his relationship with the mom (or lack there of)-----Is it healthy?
~If he has a Facebook and refuses to friend you and claims "he never gets on" ----RUN AWAY
~If when he is showing you a picture on his phone and swipes to the next and IMMEDIATELY turns his phone ----RUN AWAY
~If you never meet his friends ----- ask him why
~If his friends are liars and cheats and he condones it he probably is too
~If he gets extremely defensive about plans he has with his "friends" RUN - he is cheating
~If he refuses to delete his Plenty of Fish account saying "he just gets on to delete messages" RUN
~If it takes an act of Congress for him to call you ---RUN
~If you find anything at all belonging to a female in his house or car (and he doesn't have a sister) RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DON'T LOOK BACK


Seriously girls, I overlooked a lot with this guy and got burned badly so if you have 1 question in your head then he is not the guy God has for you and you need to as Kellie Pickler says "Never be nothing but tough" and leave before you have to go Miranda Lambert on him. =)  He won't fight for you so don't waste time fighting for the relationship.




Some encouragement from scripture and tweets
  • "I am with you ALWAYS" Matthew 28.20
  • In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3.6
  • Your identity, purpose, and destiny are found in God alone.  His plans are perfect. Seek Him and Trust HIM
  • Single doesn't always mean lonely and relationship doesn't always mean happy
  • You may not be perfect but Jesus thinks you are to die for
  • The truth doesn't cost anything. A lie could cost you everything
  • A Good apology has 3 parts :I'm sorry, It's my fault, and What can I do to change it?
  • God loves you just the way you are.
  • If you chase the wrong things good things won't catch you
  • You are a divine creation...one of God's masterpieces.
  • Submit to God and the devil will flee James4.7
  • Trust God or choose to be miserable....It's your choice.


No comments: